Rome, Bachelor Programmes
The Bachelor of Arts degree programmes at an American University in the heart of Rome, Italy
Duration: 4 academic years
Price: 17000 EUR per year
John Cabot University
The Bachelor of Arts is a four-year liberal arts program consisting of 40 courses (120 credit hours) including a major field and the distribution requirements listed below.
The major fields of study offered are:
- Art History
- Business Administration
- Classical Studies
- Economics and Finance
- English Literature
- Humanistic Studies
- International Affairs
- International Business
- Italian Studies
- Political Science
Emphasizing the development of critical thinking, communication and research skills, your JCU education will enhance your knowledge about ideas and culture, but more importantly, it will teach you to think and adapt. This intellectual agility provides you with a strong advantage over those who have not had a significant international experience that will help you to advance in your career or pursue graduate study or both.
- Professors hold degrees from Brown University, Columbia University, Harvard University, Johns Hopkins University, the London School of Economics and Political Science, New York University, the University of Bologna, the University of Munich, the University of Rome "La Sapienza," the University of Cambridge, the University of Oxford, and Yale, among many others.
- Learn in small classes. John Cabot University's classes in Rome average about 15 students.
- Experience an American-style learning environment. Get to know your professors. Debate in class. Share your ideas. Write analytical papers. Conduct original research.
- Explore Rome as a living laboratory. From Etruscan ruins and the Roman Colosseum to the Christian catacombs and the Vatican, you will have the chance to study architecture, art, art history, archaeology, history, and religion on location at museums and historic sites.
- Collaborate with students from 60 different countries. Every day you will learn with students from all over the planet—people who will share their ideas and perspectives in class—and their friendship outside of class. Together you will build a global learning community at John Cabot—and lifelong friendships across the continents.
- Learn by doing. Through field trips, internships, research opportunities and study abroad opportunities (even full-time JCU students study abroad), you will grow personally and intellectually through first-hand experience.
JCU offers scholarships up to 50% discount on tuition costs. Students can apply for the academic-based scholarship as well as the need-based grant
There are basic requirements for all degrees at John Cabot University. The Proficiency Requirements of the University in English, Mathematics and Foreign Language and the General Distribution Requirements.
Furthermore, within each Bachelor degree program, there are specific requirements to be met by the student. These requirements include ten to twelve core courses, deemed by the Faculty to be essential to the discipline, and comparable to the requirements for the same degree at other recognized and accredited colleges and universities in the American system of higher education. In addition to the core requirements, students select electives that support the core program and courses in other discipline areas of particular interest.
To find out more about the Requirements for the Bachelor of Arts Degree, contact us